NAJAASAT (IMPURITY) is of two types
- Najaasate Haqeeqee (which can be seen)
- Najaasate Hukmee (which cannot be seen)
- Ghaleezah (heavy type)
- Khafeefah ( light type)
- Uncleanliness or impurity that can be seen
e.g. urine, stool, blood, and wine
- Dense (heavy) types of impurity (Najaasat)
e.g. Urine and stool of human beings
- lighter types of impurity (Najaasat)
e.g. Urine of Halaal animals
- Disliked or something which is against the conduct of Islam.
- Close to Haraam.
- Illegal or forbidden
Examples of Najaasate Ghaleezah:
- Urine of human beings
- Stools of human beings
- Flowing blood of human beings
- Flowing blood of animals
- Duck excretion
- Urine and stools of haram animals
Examples of Najaasate Khafeefah
- Urine of Halaal animals (permitted for eating)
- Excretion of Haraam birds
“Istinjaa” means cleaning the private parts after passing out urine and stool by using clean water and earth etc.
Method of Istinjaa:
- For passing urine or stool, one should go to a place of privacy and seat oneself.
- After relieving wash the private parts until satisfied they have become clean
- It is permissible to use water, lumps of dry earth
- Do not sit in the direction of the Qibla as it is makruh
- Remove rings, badges, or anything on which the name of Allah is written
- Use the left hand for istinjaa.
- Do wudhu after Istinjaa.
Water which is allowed for Wudhu and Ghusl
- Well water
- Spring, sea, and river water
- Melted snow or hail
- The water of a big tank or pond
Water that is not allowed for Wudhu and Ghusl
- Water extracted from fruit and trees
- Water that has changed color, taste, and smell
- Used water of Wudhu or Ghusl
- Water left over after drinking by Haraam animals
- Water left by a person who has just drunk wine.
- A small quantity of water in which something Najis has fallen.
- All impure water